Sunday, July 12, 2009

Learning to Dye Silk and Cotton


It seems like I am in constant pursuit of just the right color of silk and cotton fabric for my nuno felt pieces.  So, it was just a matter of time before I finally learned some easy ways to dye my own cloth, just the way I need and want it to be. Karen Dietz, a student of mine taught an intro to dying class this past week and I've been off and running ever since.  For practice I am dying and painting white flour sack cotton dish towels, and cotton napkins.  I'm excited, both with the fun pieces I am making and how much I am learning. 






10 comments:

  1. Wow, these are just lovely.
    thanks for sharing
    Martine

    ReplyDelete
  2. really pretty dyed cloths! Dyeing is just so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you're having fun here Arlene!
    Great results too.
    Thanks for your comment on my work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I'm in awe - everything looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how fun! I can tell that your whole backyard will become a colorful, waving field of silk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful dyings ;-)) i like them very much!!

    Greatings from Holland, Els

    ReplyDelete
  7. You learn fast! These are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete