Monday, October 12, 2009

Wonderful Wool Festival


The Taos Wool Festival was such fun. No rain or soggy grass this year, the weather was perfect. I love the size of the event and the mix of producers who proudly present unique wool offerings. My husband snapped this shot of me with the first of my booty. Driving rather than flying gave me the luxury of buying as much as I wanted without concern for suitcase space. I'm inspired by all the lovely fibers I brought home, and have been busy in my studio putting them to use for the upcoming holiday sales. Below are a few of my finds.

A good start, don't you think?

Among the many treasures I found
are these soft and silky hand painted Wensleydale rovings.
Lots of ideas for how to use these beauties.

Ruth Walker offered up these richly dyed rovings of
merino blended with cashmere, or silk.
I got back to the hotel and decided
I didn't have enough of them,
so, went back for more, and a couple of her pre-felts as well!

Check back with me soon, for more photos of our scenic road trip.

1 comment: