Monday, February 20, 2012

Show and Tell at The Getty

I often brag about my prize pupil, Mimi. Mimi and I were potters back in the 70's when we first met and became friends. A few years ago I taught Mimi how to felt, and she took to it like wool to silk! We recently visited the Getty Center together in Los Angeles, and had our own little art show in the parking garage afterwards! Mimi makes the most beautiful felt wall hangings, and here she is with her latest beauty. You can see all of her wonderful felt and nuno felt creations on her website

Once a potter, always a potter! Mimi has found the same magic quality in shaping felt as she did with clay, back in the day. See all her beautiful felt vessels here!

Oh, and did you notice the luscious nuno felt scarf she is wearing? Sitting across from her at lunch, I couldn't take my eyes off of it! Be sure to click on the links to see it all!

1 comment:

  1. Painting with felt... wow! That is really gorgeous. And looove the vessel!

    ReplyDelete